Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo 3DS) - Description
One of the most beloved franchises in Nintendo's long history makes its glorious return in spectacular 3D. Pit of Kid Icarus fame is back in a new game designed specifically for the Nintendo 3DS system by Masahiro Sakurai, creator of the Kirby and Super Smash Bros. franchises, and his development team at Project Sora. Kid Icarus: Uprising is a fast-paced and actionpacked blend of aerial and ground-based shooting built on elegantly intuitive and streamlined play control. This follow-up to the original Kid Icarus - released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1987 - has been at the top of gamers' wish lists for years.
- Fast-paced and action-packed from the streets to the skies:
- Boasting game play that is easy to pick up but incredibly deep, the game is sure to satisfy novice gamers as well as fans who have been clamoring for a new installment in the franchise. The hero, Pit, teams up with Palutena, the goddess of light, who bestows on him the miracle of flight for limited stretches. With this gift, Pit soars through the skies, shooting down swarms of enemies, then alights and engages in frantic ground-based battles against Medusa's underworld army.
- Items, weapons and upgrades galore offer an incredibly deep experience:
- Find and collect numerous weapons and items that offer bonuses and ability boosts. Players can choose weapons before they send Pit into battle, giving them countless layers of strategies in each level.
- Players can choose between a basic Blade, basic Claws and a basic Orbitar weapon. Blades are well-balanced, Claws have limited reach but increase running speed and the Orbitars can shoot two shots that grow in power over distance.
ScreenshotsSee all Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo 3DS) screenshots »